Pressure Cooking FAQs
Here you will find answers to our most Frequently Asked Questions. If you don't see the answers to your questions here, just click here to send us your question.
- What is an aluminum "sandwich" bottom and why is it important to have one?
- What are the benefits of pressure cooking?
- Can I use my Kuhn Rikon pressure cooker for canning and preserves?
- How do I clean my DUROMATIC pressure cooker?
- Do I need to clean the valve?
- Must I alter cooking times at higher elevations?
- At which pressure do I cook most foods?
- Can I fry in deep fat in my Kuhn Rikon pressure cooker or pressure frypan?
- Why is the interior bottom of the pressure frypan "dimpled"?
- How exactly does a pressure cooker work?
- Wow! How do I get one of these?
- Can I use my pressure cooker on an induction cook top?
- Aren't pressure cookers dangerous?
- My pressure cooker won't come up to pressure and is losing steam from the side of the lid.
- Can I put my DUROMATIC pressure cooker into the oven?
- How do I release the pressure when my food has finished cooking?
- How do I get replacement parts?
- How is the DUROMATIC pressure cooker different from my Grandmother's?
- Can I sauté in my pressure cooker?
- How can using a pressure cooker help me to maintain a healthy lifestyle?
- Is there a special way to store my DUROMATIC pressure cooker?
- What is the Duromatic Top Model?
(Also see our Culinary Glossary for definitions of terms.)